Shout out to our Facebook follower, Karen Hon Matthews, for sending us our first bluebonnet sightings report for Montgomery, Texas, this season. What a gorgeous field! We’re checking with Karen right now to see if she considers it a Kid and Pet Friendly Bluebonnet Field.
Karen tells us the field is located on Lonestar Parkway in Montgomery, Texas, near the cross road, Buffalo Springs Drive which is also named Rampy Drive on our Google map. The field should be in the NE corner of the intersection of Lonestar Parkway and Buffalo Spring Drive.
- Stage of Bloom Cycle: Peak Bloom Stage. Flower stalks are full of blooms. All banner petals are white.
- Bluebonnet Blanket: Thick. The bluebonnet plants are packed together like a can of sardines.
- Bluebonnet Landscape: Bluebonnet carpet! Nothing but bluebonnets on a flat landscape.
- Bluebonnet Field Size: Average. Field is <5 acres and is an average rural field.
- Accessible to Public?: Yes. It is on private property and the owner is allowing the public onto it.
- Parking Nearby?: Maybe. There is space on shoulder but traffic is sometimes dangerous.
- Kid/Pet Friendly?: Maybe. It depends on the time of day and/or day of the week.
From the pictures, it looks to be a very nice field with robust bluebonnets and a thick blanket.
Enjoy! : )
View 2013 Texas Bluebonnet Sightings in a larger map